Thursday, August 25, 2011

A new friend!

Tonight, a weird thing happened to me. I answered the phone at Dodiyos and this girl was asking me all about what was on the menu, taking up time on the phone when there was a line standing in front of me at the hostess stand...anyway, she finally asked if something was Gluten free and I was like..."No, and I know for sure because I eat gluten free as well..." And the conversation went from there....she ended up coming in right before I left to get something to eat (even though I told her that there wasn't much...) and we talked even more. She had just found out yesterday that she had Celiac and was so overwhelmed. It felt so good to sit there and just talk to her about it and let her know it was going to be ok and that its not as scary as it seems the first day. I gave her my number and email address and told her to call me or email me and we could get together and I could email her some information. I told her tomorrow was going to be busy because I was getting ready for a wedding this weekend, and she was like "Oh my gosh, I want to be an event planner and work with weddings, or catering or a planner or something!" So that was cool that we have that in common as well! I don't know much about her yet, but I'm sure she will be in touch with me and I can see something good coming out of this-- maybe my desire to help others that are going through this or just being able to talk about it with someone (I don't know anyone else with Celiac, personally!). Good feelings in my heart tonight. And I hope Casey found something good to eat at doidyos that didn't make her sick =)

1 comment: