Friday, October 28, 2011

New Job!

In case you haven't already heard, I have a new JOB! It's kinda crazy because I wasn't looking for a "new" job... I have had my own business for about 3 years and really enjoyed that! However, the opportunity presented itself and I took it! I am continuing to do what I love, which is event planning, with The Happy Catering company. I have been there about 3 weeks and am thoroughly enjoying it.
Now that I have been diagnosed and have started a GF diet, I have A LOT more energy than I think I have ever had... However, I am still not 100%....wondering when that will happen (after the extra 1000 units of B-12 every day for a year?). Anyway, working from home was great when I was sick and didn't have much energy- now, working all day, everyday- although a little draining (normal)- is very enjoyable!

I did go back to the doctor for my 3 month check up and he put me on an iron supplement and extra b-12 vitamins on top of my daily vitamins. Like I said, I'm still not completely 100% full of energy- i could totally take a nap every day. BUT working all day makes for a good nights sleep! My mom and I have been discussing how different life could have been if the UAB Hematologist that I saw when I was 18 would have searched for a REASON I was iron-deficient instead of just give me an iron transfusion and daily supplements and send them on my way. Not sure if Celiac would have shown up then, but who knows. Always trust your gut when seeing a doctor- its our new motto. If you have more questions and aren't satisfied with what they say, then seek out other options.

Hopefully I will post more often- I am super excited about helping with the Great Gluten Free Expo that is coming to Birmingham in February! If anyone wants to volunteer, let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. You go for it sweet girl! Keep the chin up and keep on trucking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job. SO happy for you and glad to hear that everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete